Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mommy Pressure

My girls have birthdays about 3 weeks apart which can be fun but a bit stressful.  I do admit that the stress is self-inflicted but I just can't seem to help myself.  We usually do a small family party but I always try to make it special by "crafting" up some decorations or making a special cake.  This year I've gone back to teaching full-time and knew staying up till midnight or one o'clock making that "perfect cake" wasn't gonna happen so we opted for yummy ice cream cake.  But.... I just couldn't help myself, I was doing my nightly Pinterest "research" and found some party ideas I just had to do.  So much for taking it easy this year, I see all these pictures of beautiful things moms do for their children and I want to do them too! So needless to say I just spent most of the day with my Cricut cutting out things for the birthday banner and have a list of food and things I need to make after school tomorrow so I'm ready for the party on Tuesday.  I'm excited to see how it all turns out but not looking forward to the work it will take to get it ready.
~Hope

1 comment:

  1. Birthday celebrations for the little ones? Ahhh, I feel your pain! :) Looking at Pinterest doesn't help us keep it simple, either. Just remember, your girls with enjoy whatever you create for them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete